Looks like we have quite a sizeable number of crafty ladies joining us, so let's get started! :)
Sew-Along #1 will have a patchwork theme. Gather your fabric scraps, inject some creativity, and do something patchwork related! For myself, it'll be something rather attainable - a set of patchwork coasters, placemats, table runners - you get the drift. A patchwork quilt is also possible - if you're up to it, why not? :)
Here are some gorgeous links to inspire you for this first sew-along!
- The Purl Bee : Party Prep Coasters
- Quilted coasters by Julie Ree
- Silk Table Runner by Pamela Tang
- Handmade Coasters by AllButtonedUp
- Patchwork Floor Mat by Little Birds
- Patchwork Rug by SouleMama
- Patchwork Placemats by Kalurah, Amandasan & Kron Mama
- Aichaku's Placemats on Whip Up
- Kelly McCaleb's Baby Quilt Tutorial : this one has instructions on how to bind a quilt.
Please post all your completed patchworks of art by midnight, Sunday, 10th June 2007! If you need more time, please feel free to go ahead and do so and if you feel totally inspired, and want to do more than one project, please do! :) I hope no one feels pressurised or stressed by this, because you aren't supposed to feel that way!
If anyone has any questions, do let me know - it's the first time I'm doing it too, so let's learn together and have fun!
Ready, set, go!